Sunday, November 29, 2009
26.2 x 12 = time to shave the marathon beard ... race was going fine til the 21 mile mark and then I really slowed down. I felt fine, but just could not find a finishing kick and my time went from good to no so much, but I finished my 12th year in a row and feel good, so I will take it.
Monday, November 23, 2009
MLS Cup 2009
Los Angeles Galaxy 1
Real Salt Lake 1
(Real Salt Lake wins MLS Cup 2009 5-4 on Penalties after 7 rounds)
November 22, 2009
Seattle, WA - XBox Pitch at Qwest Field
We learned and had many previously learned things reinforced last night at Qwest Field:
- "Real" is apparently not Spanish for "Jazz" after all.
- PK's are cruel, after 120 minutes it is hardly surprising a number of them get saved or go over the cross bar
- refs do determine a lot of how a game is played because by "letting them play" the game got really pushy in kind of a cheap way at points
- leaving in an injured goalie is a bad decision
- don't sit back on a lead against a team that is on a roll
- Beckham generates no gray feelings, but every one still gets out their cameras when he takes a free kick just in case
- Qwest Field is a Soccer Specific Stadium even though it is multi-use
- Seattle loves its Sounders even when they aren't playing
- Third Eye Blind is a fun band. See, 12 years ago they opened for The Rolling Stones in the Kingdome and my brother heckled them the entire set, so I had no idea until last night.
- Fredy Montero has a lot more rhythm than Jimmy Conrad
- it is a lot easier to stay warm when you have a rooting interest than not
- I love Irish wine
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Driving in the Rain was a story poem written in May 1989 and published in a collection that year titled "Odd Thoughts, Midnight Ramblings, and Summer Dreams". Later, it was published in "The Silver Valley Voice" in April 1995. This is basically a poetry reading with splices of driving that I winged on Sunday night 11-15-09 and then edited together.