Monday, December 21, 2009

The Downstrokes at The Funhouse 12-20-09




The Downstrokes (With Sir Coyler & Doctor and the Bird)
The Funhouse - Seattle, WA
12-20-09

A few months back I ran into someone I had not seen in a long time. We were never each others' biggest fan, but for the most part it was a good chat. Still, he managed to make a comment about me still being like a kid because I still go to live music and the like. He did not mean it as a compliment. I let it pass, but shortened the conversation because it was clearly pointless.

From what I can tell, since I am now 42 and a dad and a professional, I should not be still writing, going to live music in clubs, or still doing sports myself if I was to take his comment seriously.

Last night, I enjoyed some live music at a little dive in Seattle and feel no guilt about it. What was I supposed to do? Should I have sat at home and got fat while watching Survivor's season finale? No, I am a doer and I always will be. I will be the old guy running the marathon and I will be the gray hair at the rock shows. I would have missed out on some cool stuff.