Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The PODCON Experience

It has been some time since I attended a con with an attendee badge and did not work in any way on the event.

I had contributed to the Indiegogo campaign, ended up not doing the volunteer app, and got into the autograph lottery for Lore. 

The stuff I looked forward to was what I had hoped for and the new things I sampled and made notes to follow up on will give me interesting stuff to explore.

This was a great experience.  I felt like the vibe or feel was good.  Whether the measurable financial metrics for PodCon work out for there to be a second is not up to me, but for a first year event I felt it was really solid. When the recordings come out I look forward to revisiting some things I attended and checking out everything I missed.


SATURDAY
DAY 1

Getting ready for the PodCon Opening Show

Attendee badge

Hal Lublin and Meg Bashwiner host the PodCon Opening Show

The Five Founders of PodCon

An intro of various folks from various podcasts of note

Julian Koster sings

Lore live with Aaron Mahnke and Chad Lawson

getting my Lore book signed by Aaron Mahnke

getting my Lore book signed by Aaron Mahnke

with Aaron Mahnke

Welcome to Night Vale Q & A

Indiegogo contributors like me

Voice acting workshop with Cecil and Meg

SUNDAY 
DAY 2

They used chairs for autograph lines and I took notes

How to Create Straight Characters

Everybody Has a Podcast with Hank Green, John Green, Casper ter Keile, Drew Ackerman, Francesa Ramsey, and Patrick Kondas

Alice Isn't Dead live with Jasika Nicole and Disparition 

Serial Fiction Storytelling with Hal Lublin, Julian Koster, Paul Bae, Joseph Fink, Brie Williams, and Lauren Shippen

Gaby Dunn and Symphony Sanders host the PodCon Closing Show

Disparition

Dylan Marron

John Green

Ashley Ahearn and Hank Green

Hal Lublin's Battle World

Aparna Nancheria

The Five Founders close it out

Seeding 52 Geek Pickup