Monday, April 22, 2019

Tacoma Has A New Team

Tacoma has a "new" team, just not a team that is new.

I had never actually been to Cheney Stadium or seen a minor league baseball game down in Tacoma, which is weird in the same way I have somehow never gone to Vancouver for a BC Lions game.

With the relocation to Tacoma, i will not be at every match for the first time in five seasons, but the drive is worth it for the approximately half the season I will be in attendance.

Visit ProstAmerika.com and @goalieguys for my coverage.

There are elements of Memorial Stadium I heart very much, including the view from the press box.  However, the Cheney Stadium press box has a great view without the treacherous climb and frightening overhang.

Given it is a baseball stadium, it seems the seating situation would be wonky, but this is not bad at all from the standpoint of getting decent seats.  I do recommend sitting a couple rows up as opposed to ground level.

Icon

Reign FC 1 Orlando Pride 1
NWSL Regular Season
April 21, 2019

Reign FC coach Vlatko Andonovsky