Sunday, April 12, 2020

So, a month passes

One month ago today I was subbing at the elementary school near my home.  We knew school closure was coming, but thought it would be for a couple weeks is all.

The announcement was for longer.

The private school I also sub for had already closed and gone virtual, for longer than we originally expected.

The state announcement pushed the private school closure longer to match the public schools.

Somewhere along the way we lost the rest of the year.

The signs at the schools are no longer current and are a reminder that no one is there to update them.

And a month has passed.

I got some things sorted out with a temp PT gig, that isn't much.

I got a favorable ruling on some measure of UI, even though it took a national declaration to make happen.  I am both surprised it did actually happen and grateful for even what they are providing.

But, a month ago, I walked home that afternoon after the state closed everything.  A month. 

Shopping the next day was eerie, an experience I do not want to revisit.

And now, the temp gig has positive tests in the team and district and I wonder how much I will ever get from that gig.

I have been productive, not especially creatively, but I have not let the home and health slide. Who I live with helps in that in that we have a healthy lifestyle and actually enjoy living together.

I miss friends and family even as I routinely contact them because I can't be around them.

And I wonder what month one of will end up being of.