Monday, May 18, 2020

Suspenders of Disbelief

Other than kids crafts and some required stuff back in the day in school, me and sewing has just never really happened.

In part, it is because of the bad thumbs, this dates back to 5th grade when I first broke my right thumb and it was set oddly.


But, we live in interesting times. So, I decided to make the suspenders for the costume pants that were made for me as opposed to just buying them.


The stitches are not perfect, I know, but the reality is the three loops for the suspender ends, the Y there the three straps come together, and the three elastic loops were in fact sewn by me.


This is more sewing than I have ever done.  


Maybe not a big deal to others, but for me it was a threshold.

And, I learned of something called tea dying.  I took the elastic strips and soaked them in tea to make them not bright white.  This project is a lot of firsts.