Friday, April 20, 2007

We compromised and got the cat ...




We compromised and got the cat ...

There was a scene in TV show "The Rules of Engagement" that I saw on a commercial. Basically, the married male character said something like the following:

"She wanted a cat,
I didn't want a cat,
so we compromised,
and we got a cat."

I only saw the commercial as I see little actual television, but it made me laugh more than it should because for all intents and purposes that is how I ended up with the cat.

Mr. Hamilton Tigercat.

So now ... we have become "used" to each other. He glares at me sometimes. He hates it when I bring Dasher up on to the couch, in fact it creates enough tension for him that he turns his back to me and her but will still not give up his spot. My book boxes are his favorite target even though he has a scratching post I soak regularly with catnip. But, he is the kids' (mostly Mantha's) cat and I take good care of him.

Tiger was a cute little kitten ... now he is a destructive force of nature that I should have had de-clawed when I had him neutered ... (Well, maybe not de-clawed, that is mean to a cat.)

I still like to chase him around with a sword and threaten to eat him with ketchup. (My attorney is horrified by this ...)

He's 4 ... and he came into my life 4 years ago today. I have a feeling he will live longer than any other mammalian pet I ever get ...

No comments:

Post a Comment