Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jingle all the way ...


It has been over ten years since I have ran a straight road race shorter than a marathon. I did a 2001 triathlon, which is not really being a straight road race and the 04 and 05 Columbia Center Stair Climbs, so notwithstanding the 1999 Seafair Torchlight run I have not been running anything but marathons since I started running marathons. Some of this coincides with having small children, but also that I just haven't felt like it, I guess. Back in the 90s I ran dozens of these things. It was nice to run one again, not just because of it being my daughter's first race and that there were a lot of friends out there, but because I enjoy it. However, the near biblical rains we have been experiencing this weekend made for an entirely ridiculous level of soaking for all of us. It is Seattle, and while we still can't drive in the rain we can go out and do our activities in it anyway.