Thursday, December 15, 2011

14


Seattle Marathon 2011
6:06:40
November 27, 2011

Thoughts on the Seattle Marathon 2011.

6:06:40 is not great, but I can live with it given the circumstances of the race.

I was a bit worried in part due to having some serious toe issues through the fall and a serious cold in November that really limited my comfort while running. However, my general fitness level, ongoing martial arts workouts, and intermittent running would hopefully be enough when combined with my knowledge of running marathons and proper preparation in the lead up to the race.

Proper prep and maintaining a fitness lifestyle did indeed pay off.

The weather conditions were mixed. The temperature was not bad, but the wind made it cold and it was gusty enough to bring a lot of fresh leaves onto much of the course. The leaves are a challenge because even though many of the neighborhoods we run through are very high end, the roads on those streets are some of the worst in Seattle. Footing was scary at times.

In the end, I know it was slow, but the first half went pretty well and I recovered quickly. That is what is important.

14.