Friday, December 28, 2012

When He Was a Young Man ...

Tutankhamun: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs
Pacific Science Center - Seattle, WA
December 27, 2012


When I was in Fifth Grade I got to see King Tut.  Tut was a phenomenon with Steve Martin recording his classic and all the Egypt stuff that was everywhere.  The 1978 Tut exhibit played a role in my ending up a social studies teacher. I had to go see this exhibit this year.

This exhibit is more than just Tut, or less if you were not expecting the general Egyptology and Pharaohs stuff I totally dig. The early parts of the exhibit bring forth general ancient history, religious elements, and the importance of gold before the Tut exhibit rooms take you through his tomb.


I could have spent a lot more time going through this than I did, and I took my time.