Friday, June 14, 2019

A Decade Is A Long Time

A decade is a long time, and yet really not.

Ten years ago, I want to say yesterday as the 13th is a date I remember, but it could be another day or so in the next week in mid-June, I sat down for a haircut at Supercuts and got my head mostly shaved pretty tight. 

My aunt was dying of cancer and at some point I decided I should not have cut the hair at all and started growing it out to maybe donate.

However, it appeared that donation was a thing that would be actually tricky and maybe expensive and with my grey hair it might not be wanted.

But, I grew it out, went through the winter of awful hair length and just let it go.

No, I am pretty sure no one I reasonably hang out with even know me with short hair, people I have known a long time and see intermittently do remember it.  Some people feel the need to comment on it as though it were any of their concern.

But, it has been a decade.  I sometimes joke, "I remember haircuts." 

A decade is a long time, ish.