Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My private screening of Vantage Point ...

My private screening of Vantage Point ...

So I decide to use my last freebie movie ticket Monday night ... the 5:10 showing of Vantage Point ...

It's showing in the big auditorium at Alderwood 7; a very large room ... and when I walk in ... I am alone ... for a moment I ponder if I am in the correct theatre, but I already know that I am so I let it pass ... this is a lot like when my brother and I went to opening weekend of Howard the Duck and there were only six people there ... and it is a lot like when I went to Hamlet with Squirt on a Monday night at ten in Spokane and we were the only two people in the theatre and they could have closed if not for us and the staff glared at us as we left ...

Too many options ... I take my seat where I can kick up my feet on a railing ... nice ... there is only a few minutes until the lights go down and I can see the guy in the projector room fiddling around getting ready to start my - apparently - private screening ...

I watch the previews ... I am still alone ...

The only person in the theatre to watch a movie that was #1 at the box office a couple weeks ago and I am not a paying customer in the technical sense ...

And then ... as the final previews run ... an older couple comes in looking very confused over interrupting what is clearly my private screening ... and sits basically right behind me ... in this huge theatre and they sit right behind me ... hundreds of empty seats ... yes, all those seats and they choose the ones right behind me ...

As far as the movie itself? It's far from perfect ... but was worth the free price of admission and time involved ... actually ... it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is both a strength and a flaw ... very generic terrorists ... fairly generic presidential assistants ... that sort of thing ... I think they were trying to make a point about how we should respond to terrorists or something ...as a popcorn movie it was interesting and made me jump a couple times ... it held my interest, but it would not be worth $9.75 ... or a Friday night ...

No comments:

Post a Comment