Monday, September 08, 2008

My parents front lawn ...

I hate that #^@*%ing lawnmower and yard ...

My folks have a really nice front yard.

There is a nice lawn that is well groomed and different garden areas.

I hate that yard. Yes, it is a nice yard. So, let me clarify, I have mowing that yard.

It has little corners and edgings. It's a righteous pain.

Actually, let me clarify again. It would not be that tough to mow if we didn't have this powerful gas mower that is way too much mower for the lawn. For the backyard, the mower is fine. For the front, it is an absolute pain.

Twice a year my father ranches in Montana. Twice a year I get to mow that lawn weekly. I know I could suggest that my brother help, but he convinced the folks that mowing the lawn was not something he should do decades ago so I get the task. Twice a year I have to try and navigate this intricate pattern with the big @$$ gas mower.

The mower would be fine with a nice flat front yard. No, what the folks need is a little mower; perhaps a small electric or even push mower. You know, a little wussy lawnmower.

Unfortunately, I think my father would upgrade to a riding mower for the front before he would downgrade to a wussy lawnmower.

And so, good son that I am, I continue to mow ... and whine and complain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment