Friday, December 12, 2008

Trying not to feel smug today

Almost two years ago I rolled my van down a ravine in Brier.

I drove slowly, but down a street I should not have gone down without chains or snow tires on. The street had been partially sanded that morning, but not the area where I had the accident.

Had I taken the time to put on the snow tires in November or when the weather turned it is possible that the accident might, just might have been avoided.

When I got the van three years ago it came with a good spare and four mounted snow tires. That's right, already mounted.

There was a weekend day in early November that was cold, but dry. So, I went ahead and started the process of changing each tire and then going to the local 7-11 and topping off the air in each tire. Combined time to do this process was likely about 45 minutes.

My neighbor and father both commented that they really needed to change theirs too.

It is supposed to snow today. I am looking out a window that shows the awful weather outside. It is hard to not feel smug when I hear the news reports of the lines of people waiting to get their snow tires on.

If only I had done this two years ago ...

No comments:

Post a Comment