Sunday, August 22, 2010

I don't like this hire






Seattle Seahawks 24
Green Bay Packers 27
August 21, 2010
Qwest Field - Seattle, WA
NFL Preseason


A couple of my friends have given me a hard time about just how much I dislike the Pete Carroll hire by the Seahawks. Well, in a couple years when he is gone it won't matter, but I did at least tell Big Blue at the last SCRABBLE night that I would rather be wrong because I would prefer the Seahawks win.

That said ... I probably would not have paid any attention to this game (it is preseason for #*+%'s sake) if a recently married couple from my soon to be disbanded soccer team (all right, I have played like 8 games over a couple years, but it felt like my team) hadn't handed over their season tix for this night.

So, for the second consecutive preseason I headed to a Seahawks game gratis ... only this time without quite as good a view of the Seagals.

Green Bay looks ready to contend and their #12 (our #12 was only ever worn by Sam Adkins) looks like a Pro Bowler.