... since I have not been using facebook lately due to the grounding - and also not bothering. I found myself not on fb at all for a couple weeks and - oh no - I was behind on my memes. Once out of the habit, it has been hard to get back into it. I am mostly just not bothering. Weird.
As I look through the notes I realized that there was some clustering about a few topics that might normally make some separate posts, but I just am not going to bother here.
I recently blogged about the NBA team that used to play here. I wore my Sonics jacket as a sort of political statement and protest. Basically, I had to root for the Heat, even one year after rooting so hard for Dirk. I joked with friends about a Kickstarter for a Heat parade in Seattle. LBJ was outstanding in the postseason and watching him turn from heel to face, at least in Seattle, was sort of interesting. It was more like it was Cleveland's angry fans against Seattle's angry fans. Since Cleveland got to watch LBJ fail miserably last year it was our turn. In the end I really wasn't that excited for the Heat per se, because I was still mostly rooting against someone else and that sort of feels empty as a sports fan. Eventually Cleveland fans will get to where Seattle fans are on ARod; we boo, but he has been gone longer now than he was here. I understand fans in OKC wanting their city to be known for something else. LBJ lost his monkey, seems to genuinely get it that he screwed up, and apparently owns a small piece of Liverpool ...
Some random notes of what could have been fb status updates include:
- Cumin and Cinnamon are on the same shelf and alphabetical, but not the same thing.
- No Jedi has triceps, they have "do"ceps.- Star Wars prequels are the Nickelback of Scifi and the reason I am not getting the Watchmen prequels.
- My job involves dealing with 5 year old streakers. Not kidding.
- Bus rides are shorter when 7 year old boys entertain you with a Katy Perry medley.
- I need a girl who can kick a little ass.
- Sometimes it seems like I am in a time warp, a girl singing "Shout it out loud" or a kid in a "Saved By The Bell" tee shirt doesn't happen in 2012 often.
- It is absurdly satisfying to blow shit out of the sky with a shotgun blast.
- Classes going well when you are subbing is only surprising because the bar is not very high.
- Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face ...
- Can't you see I've waited long enough ...
- Kids on a bus handle being stuck in traffic better than adults do.
- Just like one of the kids, I too am sometimes surprised mick Jagger is still alive.
- Kids think it is funn when adults fall off of big toys at parks.
- Driving to work feels much longer in traffic when you can picture that leftover pot roast you packed for lunch sitting on your kitchen counter back home.
- It feels good to have my martial arts respected.
Golden Gardens on a walk up into the woods during a field trip.
Another field trip, this time to the PSC.
In the tunnel from I5 North exiting to Mercer Street, someone wiped the grime off the wall into this drawing.
A solid Friday afternoon lesson plan for Summer Day Camp.
The space heater should be long put away this year, but it still has been needed from time to time. Tiger sort of worships at the altar of The Great Space Heater God.
Steve Buttle, RIP.
Jenny & The TomCats at The Hen. It had been far too long and was a fun time. I sort of expected more of the old crowd and some comments on fb when I posted this pic, but nothing of the sort followed.