Friday, November 01, 2013

OK Howard

I recently decided to just get over something.

There have been times in the recent past that Howard has stood up for things that I consider important and interesting. I generally dislike corporate political posturing but when he was called out he answered back at a shareholder.  He has stones.

Yes, he screwed up when the team was sold. Whether he really thought the assholes from OKC would really move the team or just flip it, I don't know or care anymore. He basically took his ball and went home.  On this blog I have ranted a number of times in the past about this topic. It still sucks, but I still want to be able to enjoy the NBA and some good coffee.

I actually met him in 02. He is generally a good guy and that came across to me as we discussed his teams.

A few months back it looked like the years without the NBA would be over and so I should be looking forward to attending a game and watching a new arena being built.  That didn't happen.  I was really bummed when I was reading up on the upcoming season.  It was like a second sucker punch.

But, I decided while having a cup of coffee at the original store, that I was past being upset at Howard.  I have ranted and whatnot, but I like the coffee.  This is a bit of a ramble but the bottom line is that I do not like being angry.

So, even though I should be (could be, whatever) celebrating another season of Sonics basketball, I have decided to stop being pissed about it.  It is doing me no good.