Wednesday, October 25, 2006

This is not a U2 song ...

This is not a U2 song …

40.
Forty.
XL.

That would be next year … in 2K7 I turn 40, along with a number of friends … a few hit it first, then me in the middle, and a few others in the Fall … It doesn’t bother me, but it seems to be affecting others …

Here are some other numbers and what they mean / meant to me …

10 – I remember thinking how cool it was to be double digits old …

13 – Everyone made such a big deal about this one I actually remarked that being a teenager was just going to be too much pressure …

16 – I got my driver’s license within days of turning 16 …

18 – Bob took me to register to vote and to register for the draft …

19 – Legal in Idaho at the time and a freshman at Wazzu …

21 – Not that big a deal when I already had Idaho …

25 – Married.

30 – A dad.

35 – Old enough to run for President of the United States of America.

39 – People don’t believe that is your real age, but actually currently is …

40 – Next Summer …
50 – A long ways away, for now …

No comments:

Post a Comment