Monday, December 18, 2006

College Bowl Bet 2K6 versus The Ron

College Bowl Bet 2K6 versus The Ron

For many years now, my brother and I have been betting on college football bowl games. In and of itself this is hardly noteworthy, but we have our own little betting system. See, we both love college bowl games, but we don’t always have someone to root for. And, since betting game by game is really pathetic when you don’t get to see a lot of the games played it made more sense one year to start doing what we do – which is to just bet on the whole slate for a single prize. We don’t make this prize something expensive, which I think makes it ultimately more satisfying. Some years it has been a coffee, biscotti, and newspaper, while other years it has been things like movie tickets. We have rules like since some years there are even number games we have a tie-breaker of a particular bowl being worth two. Ron never has to pick Notre Dame (a long story and not mine to tell). I never have to pick the Dawgs and always get the Cougs when they are in a bowl (this year the Cougs hosed themselves by dropping to 6-6 losing their last three so I didn’t have to worry). We pick fairly randomly. Last year he won, as he tends to more often than not, and I had to take him to the Lynnwood Hooters and treat for hot wings (which meant I had to go to the now closed bird watching establishment and order myself some too, I miss that place and I found out this summer it was closed the same day I found out the Sonics are moving to Oklahoma City – it is a push as to which made me more angry and sad).

The bowl season starts tomorrow. I suddenly find myself a TCU fan … (and soon I will be a Middle Tennessee and Western Michigan)

No comments:

Post a Comment