Monday, December 25, 2006

The Top Ten things I learned in 2006 ...

The Top Ten things I learned in 2006 ...

This list is in lieu of a Christmas / Holiday / New Year’s letter ... I thought about writing a lengthy diatribe about the trials and tribulations of my life this year, about going back to the pathetic politics of the teaching profession after leaving the petty politics of the corporate world, but decided not to for whatever reason ... I decided not to write about how it was a painful year to watch the World Cup and Apple Cup ... I certainly am not going to discuss how I found myself dancing so much that I decided to cut back because it didn't seem worth the drive sometimes ... and I am not going to mail it out with the cards I mailed out weeks ago ... I decided to utilize the blog and narrow the year down to a focus of ten important things and some predictions for 2k7 ... but the predictions seemed lame ...

****************************

2006 in a nutshell - The order is random ...

10 – The dynamic force of an eight player soccer team of seven year old girls could power the region and free us from oil dependence ...

9 – If you are single and decide not to date for a while, ALL of your friends will seem to take it upon themselves to try and “help” ...

8 – There is power in shredding ...

7 – The entire Puget Sound region can seem small and claustrophobic when you do not travel farther than Tacoma for two years ...

6 – Liverpool and the Sounders are better cup clubs than league clubs and that is okay ...

5 – Ozzfest is still worth attending ...

4 – Writing and publishing, even self-publishing in blog form, is worth doing because the only way to be a writer is to write ...

3 – It was a bad summer movie season ...

2 – You have to “man up” and just drive the minivan ...

1 – Bricks are breakable ...

No comments:

Post a Comment