Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Everyone is a matchmaker ...

Everyone is a matchmaker

I don't know what it is. Maybe I have a sign on my forehead that screams "NEEDS GIRLFRIEND" or something that I can't see but a lot of others can ...

Yes, everyone wants to be a matchmaker.

I have been single now for over two years and even though I have dated a bit it seems like too many of the people I know want to "help" me. The quotes are intentional.

For instance, a few weeks ago I went to a show with a couple of old friends and smack dab out of the blue this question pops out toward me, "Would you date and older woman?" Maybe. I don't know. But I certainly didn't want to think about it right then.

On the phone a few days later with another friend I hear this, "What do you think of my friend (left blank intentionally)?"

Also this Winter I had this conversation, "I know the perfect girl for you ...." I changed the subject.

Yes, it is nice that people I know seem to want to "help". And yes, their intentions are good ... but, these are only a couple of the examples from recent weeks and months and are not the only ones I could site.

So, thank you to my friends, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment