Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I wish I was a ...

I wish I was a ...

... hypochondriac.

The other day at taekwondo one of the younger students commented on my injuries. It is true, I have had a ridiculous number of injuries in my life.

I started to look at the breaks, tears, surgeries, scars, and sprains in the form of a list and it became a bit mind numbing.

I wish I hadn't broken my right ankle in 1993.

I wish I hadn't needed double hernia surgery in 2005.

I wish I hadn't broken my left wrist and thumb and needed titanium scres in 2002.

I wish I hadn't broken my right thumb in 1977.

I wish I hadn't broken my right wrist in 1986 and 1988.

I wish I hadn't separated my shoulder in 1990.

I will stop the list here ... other that to say ...

... I wish I was a hypocondriac instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment