Thursday, May 17, 2007

Forwarded emails ....

I received this email the other day that was forwarded to me by a friend.

*********

Dear God:
Why didn't you save the school children at ?. ..
Moses Lake , Washington 2/2/96
Bethel , Alaska 2/19/97
Pearl , Mississippi 10/1/97
West Paducah, Kentucky 12/1/97
Stamp, Arkansas 12/15/97
Jonesboro, Arkansas 3/24/98
Edinboro, Pennsylvania 4/24/98
Fayetteville , Tennessee 5/19/98
Springfield , Oregon 5/21/98
Richmond , Virginia 6/15/98
Littleton, Colorado 4/20/99
Taber , Alberta , Canada 5/28/99
Conyers , Georgia 5/20/99
Deming, New Mexico 11/19/99
Fort Gibson , Oklahoma 12/6/99
Santee , California 3/ 5/01 and
El Cajon, California 3/22/01?
Virginia Tech 4/16/07
Sincerely,
Concerned Student

> > > > > > -----------------------------------------------------
Reply:
Dear Concerned Student:
Sorry,
I am not allowed in schools!
Sincerely,
God


*********


I get these emails all the time and most of the time I just sort of let
them go ... but for whatever reason I just was rubbed the wrong way here ...

I wrote to my friend that although I understand why people might like this email it comes across as snotty and very much not something I would attribute to faith.

See, it smacks of Conditional Love and it definitely politicizes religion. I do not like either idea. Anything that does not measure up to the basic principles of Faith, Hope, Love, Forgiveness, and Redemption with Unconditional Love as its centerpiece is simply not worth acknowledging.

Fortunately, I am good enough friends with who sent this to me that she understood that I do not consider my objections to be a personal reflection on her ...

No comments:

Post a Comment