Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2 Coaching Trophies that mean something to me ...


(Oxymoron project ongoing ...)

In all my years in soccer as a player, coach, and fan I have had the opportunity to win (and cheer for) many championships, awards, and honors. However, as a coach I have primarily worked as a position and assistant coach. There are two trophies that I have been given as a coach that i am very proud of.

The sweat jacket was for being the WSU Women's Soccer goalkeeper coach on the 1994 NCAA Sweet 16 team. For many years I have worn that on special soccer occasions. However, my girls soccer team being awarded the 2008 Team Sportsmanship honor for all of the girls teams in the soccer association is in many ways much more satisfying. The honor was bestowed upon the girls based upon the referee evaluations of their ten games this fall. Not only were they successful on the field but they did it with class. Giving the girls these medals was something that I enjoyed very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment