Sunday, November 16, 2008

Opening a pack of trading cards ...


It has been a very long time since I purchased a pack of trading cards looking for a player I really like and hoping to get that card.

The other day I was in a soccer store pricing some items when I noticed that there were some UEFA Euro 2008 cards at the front counter. On a whim I decided to grab a couple cards and hope for ... a Freddie ...

So, I went outside to the van and opened packs like I had not done in many, many years ... and I got a Cristiano Ronaldo in the first pack, which was cool ... top card even ... and then a double of his in the final pack.

But ... on the third pack of five (with only 6 cards a pack and a couple hundred players the odds were not good) there it was ... the third card down.

The captain of Sweden just a few months ago.

The big signing that made the Seattle Sounders FC newsworthy in Europe recently.

A guy who might be shocked to know an ex-Sounder is coaching Spurs.

Freddie.

Hot dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment