Saturday, February 21, 2009

I am still watching even if for the wrong reasons.

Back in 07 in this blog I wrote about how excited I was to have "Couch Potato Wednesdays". Basically, it was because of LOST and how much I loved that show.

Recently, I have not had "Couch Potato Wednesdays". I watch episodes on line every couple weeks to catch up, but have mostly done so due to being stubborn and finding the show funny.

LOST is not a comedy.

I posted this Winter that I thought the show really needed to pull itself together to redeem seasons 5 and 6 after the terrible ending to season 4 and the special effect that would have looked lame a long time ago killed Eko.

LOST now is a show that I make fun of. Several of the actors look like they are one more silly script from intentionally getting a DUI to get their character written off the show.

Three seasons of steady and solid ratings have vanished. I looked up the ratings and the show has lost about a quarter of its audience during seasons 4 and so far in season 5. The ratings will continue to slip.

My brother and I do not agree on much in regards to our entertainment. However, we both started watching season 1 and last year both started thinking about how bad it was getting at the same time. Now, instead of discussing it, we make fun of it together.

I know some people who have the opposite opinion, and that is fine. But really, the Smoke Monster? Good Lord, that would have been a bad special effect in the 80s and it LOOKS like a special effect now.

This is the last posting about LOST on this blog. Ever.

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you this: They shoulda spent more of their SFX budget on that smoke monster effect. But I actually thought season 4 was GREAT! And so did many of my other LOST-watching friends. I love all the freighter characters, particularly Faraday and Miles, and I'm digging the re-introduction of old characters (Rousseau) via time-looping. How could you be so wrong, my friend? LOST is the greatest series in the history of television! With the possible exception of Twin Peaks.

    ReplyDelete