Sunday, May 24, 2009

This actually happened recently ...

Okay ... I know that I was in the "bad" or "rough" part of town and all ...

I park my car and the lot is half full.

A woman gets out of a nice black car and walks directly up to me.

She is acting very, very nervously.

We exchange a brief pleasantry.

I just need to run into the store and then get home.

"I'm short on cash. Maybe we could go back to your place and ..."

She is pretty. She is probably early 20s with shoulder length sandy blond hair. She is not wearing and does not need make up to be attractive. It's a fairly warm day and she has short white shorts on and a very loose fitting black top showing off a lot of cleavage. At about 5'6" and looking fit she was actually very, very attractive. If a friend brought her along as a date I would have thought, "Damn, where did you meet her?"

My reaction is a very quick hand up, palm out, "I'm sorry." I turn quickly and without further comment walk briskly into the store. I linger in the store much, much longer than I intended to. Part of me wants to say something to the clerk while inside the store, but for some reason I do not bother.

When I come out the black car is gone.