Monday, October 08, 2012

Once again it is PDX

Seattle Sounders FC 3
Portland Timbers 0
October 7, 2012 - Seattle, WA - X-Box Pitch at Century Link Field
MLS Regular Season / Cascadia Cup

When I saw that Roger Levesque would be getting The Golden Scarf at this game, I knew the Sounders FC front office once again is on the ball.  It had occurred to me weeks earlier to start a Facebook campaign for just this idea, but then as happens I did nothing about it. I just so wanted him to blow kisses to the PDX fans.

PDX is just not playing well right now, and when The Rave Green scored twice in the middle of the half with a lot of Timbers help, this game simply did not have the feel of imminent comeback anywhere in it.

The second largest stand alone crowd in league history for a regular season game.  Crazy.

Beating PDX was fun in 1976 at my first game and it never gets old.



This might not clinch The Cascadia Cup, but not seeing PDX take it home was nice.

Then, I won a new ATT phone and VIP post-game on the field experience.  Winning!