Monday, June 07, 2010

My Mundial Predictions ...

2010 South Africa ...

I decided to be a bit of a USA homer and to assume at least one of the West African teams would advance far. My other assumptions would be that Euro powers would generally struggle away from Europe and that at least one traditional power would totally crap out in the first round. If this is even close to being true I will be shocked more than anyone reading this.

I have had to completely alter my approach due to injuries. I have no problem altering my projections up to the start of the tourney, after that I have to live with it. However, having two of the best African players taken out of the tourney so close to its start is just brutal ... I had Team Drogba making a run and getting a rematch with Brasil in the final, and I guess it is still possible he will play, but I no longer have the same feeling about their chances.