Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What exactly is Jefferson’s Brewery?

What exactly is Jefferson’s Brewery?

Late last Fall, or so, the idea of starting a microbrew came up in conversation at work. I had seen an ad for a cask-aged beer. I actually had not heard of them before so I did a little research. It was darn near impossible to find this highly touted cask-aged brew. I purchased a different label instead and gave it a shot. It was totally unlike anything I was used to. It also dawned on me that this was a niche market that could be tapped. Over the past several months I have researched all sorts of aspects of this possible business. Janet, bless her little entrepreneurial heart even found out the name I wanted was available. The end result of this research is Jefferson’s Brewery, which currently still only exists in theory.

Jefferson’s Brewery would produce three beer products at the start; I am looking at a light ale, two month aged ale, and two years aged ale.

- The light ale would be the cash flow product, in kegs and bottles.

- The two months ale would be the prime product, targeted for bottling in cases only.

- The two years ale would be the signature product, coming out twice a year. The two years ale would also serve as the product that would be used two times per year for an open house / tasting function at the brewery.

In the short-term I would like to utilize a facility in the South Snohomish County area. I have scouted some locations and think there are several good possibilities. Going to Woodinville would be good in many ways since there are other facilities for beer, wine, and coffee out that way, but it would be nice to carve out a little space. Eventually, having a permanent facility with public access would be ideal.

With a little luck, some venture capital, and a lot more luck, it might actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment