Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things About Me - from Facebook

This is the note posting I put on Facebook yesterday ... one of those things that everyone posts from time to time.

1 - I'm a Coug. And by saying a Coug I don't just mean that I am a fan. I graduated from WSU with more than one degree, played for the Men's Club Soccer Team, was the Goalkeeper Coach on the 1994 NCAA Sweet 16 Women's Soccer Team, was an editor for the school newspaper, and one of my kids was born on campus. I'm a Coug.

2 - I was actually born and raised in Seattle. This seems to confuse people here as there are not a lot of us that were born, raised, and live here. My folks still live in the same house they bought when my mother was pregnant with me.

3 - I like endurance events. As an example I have finished the Seattle Marathon 11 years in a row and have also competed in two triathlons, along with many other road races. Yet, I am very slow and never finish near the front.

4 - This time next year I will be getting ready for my second black belt. I have one in Taekwondo already and will be nearing one in Thai Kickboxing.

5 - I was in attendance at many noteworthy soccer games. In 1977 I was at the last game of Pele. In 1985 I attended the longest soccer game on record. In 1990 I saw the USA play its first World Cup match in 40 years. In 1994 I was at the USA big win over Colombia. On March 19 I have tix to the first Sounders FC MLS game.

6 - My published works include a serialized novel, over a dozen short stories, 100+ poems, and a stint as an editor of a Seattle rock mag during the Grunge Era in 1990.

7 - I have had more than one paid acting gig.

8 - My kids are amazing and I like the people that they are becoming.

9 - My hair is more gray than my father's.

10 - I have a dog, a cat, and a turtle. But, two of them are very old.

11 - In 1981 I saw the Rolling Stones at the Kingdome. Live music has ruled my interests ever since.

12 - George Lucas is over-rated. I hated the Star Wars prequels.

13 - Neither of my thumbs work very well since both were badly broken, so I drop things a lot.

14 - When I list how many body parts that I have broken, torn, or ripped I forget things because there are so many. I don't need tattoos with all the surgery scars I have these days.

15 - I'm a teacher.

16 - When I decide to learn something I either go whole hog til I am really good at it or stop after barely starting. Once I have mastered something I tend to lose interest and move onto a new challenge.

17 - I don't have home internet, cable, or a land line. In fact, I still have a turntable. But, I am not a Luddite. I have a blog at shotgunprose.blogspot.com and am on facebook, etc ...

18 - Cooking is relaxing to me.

19 - In 1997 I virtually gave up caffeine.

20 - I hate the feeling of being drunk or medicated.

21 - My sense of balance is terrible. I am always bumping into things and have a hard time sitting still.

22 - I once took a nap in the Coliseum. Yes, THE Coliseum.

23 - I would prefer to be nocturnal.

24 - I don't really care for much country music, but for a few years I country danced on a regular basis.

25 - I like lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment