Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Eternity Brigade ... and other grown up novels ...



Recently during Scrabble Night I had a conversation with a friend where we discussed a website where people can post their own book lists of various kinds. I love lists so I came up with this one.

The Ten books that I can recall as the first real grown up type of books that I read.

The Eternity Brigade by Stephen Goldin
Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel
Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard
Excalibur by Gil Kane and John Jakes
Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle (#11) by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Garan the Eternal by Andre Norton
The HAB Theory by Allan W. Eckert
Peregrine by William Bayer
The Hunt For Red October by Tom Clancy
The Hobbit By J.R.R. Tolkien

By grown up novels I did not mean by size, I mean not aimed at kids or teens specifically ...

I was also going to post the first non-fiction grown up books list, but only came up with this one item ... I guess my interest in politics has always been there.

The Triumph of Politics: Why the Reagan Revolution Failed by David Stockman

No comments:

Post a Comment