Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Big Climb ...



The Big Climb ...

I enjoy a lot of races and have pretty much migrated to only doing the more extreme ones (marathons and triathons and stair climbs) over time ... it has been some time now since I have done a fun run. However, I really enjoy the other ones. I have previously done six stair climb events, five of which were the Big Climb events at the Columbia Center in Seattle.

I was hoping to do this year's Big Climb in March, but that seems unlikely at this point ... an update would follow should that change ...

(Ephemera Project notes and results of stair climbs)
92 Big Climb 13:33 #510 (First Stair Climb)
92 CF Stair Climb 10:10 (My brother Ron also climbed) WaMu Tower
93 Big Climb 14:30 #569 (I think Ron did this one too)
94 Big Climb 15:18 #623
04 Big Climb ????? ????
05 Big Climb 15:11 #476


---

Some tips about stair climbing :

- do not stop or pause at all, re-starting is too hard
- watch your footing
- let people pass
- be polite when passing others
- try to only look at the floor numbers every once in a while

Photos from the top and bottom of the Columbia Center taken the day of the 2004 climb. I cannot find the results of the 2004 race (it's kind of frustrating).

From 2004: The worst pictures of me perhaps ever taken ...

No comments:

Post a Comment