Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why are kids movies ...?

Why are kids movies ... ?

Okay ... I love popcorn movies ... you know what I mean ... the big blockbuster type superhero type of films that film critics pan without even watching just on general principle. Sometimes those movies suck ... often in fact ... but I love them nonetheless ...

Over the past few years though the popcorn movies for kids have collectively kicked the arses of the popcorn movies I have looked forward to. The 2006 summer blockbuster season was awful, for instance. However, this year I have gone to both "Jumper" and "Cloverfield" and liked them both and "Iron Man" and others beckon for the summer.

Anyways ... this past weekend I go with the kids to "The Spiderwick Chronicles". A few years back a movie like this would have been cute, had a few nice moments, and that would have been that. Nope. Now, we get very good actors with Oscar pedigrees surrounding the kids, along with special effects that are very, very cool. The kids are better actors even, possibly as a result of working with the above mentioned older actors. I enjoyed the movie very, very much and so did the kids.

"Wanted" had better not suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment