Friday, February 01, 2008

Bad Poetry

Bad Poetry

For many years I have written for a magazine named "The Voice" ... although for a good portion of that it was "The Silver Valley Voice" ... and one of the sections I wrote in very, very often was the "Bad Poetry" section ...

In order for poetry to be in the "Bad Poetry" section the poetry in question had to be labeled as such by the writer ...

Over the years I have had 97 poems in that section ...

"The Voice" only comes out sporadically these days for a variety of reasons ... and I have three more poems just waiting to put me over the top to 100 Bad Poems ... Given the possibility that this will not happen I present to you the three poems that will one day make me proud to reach the "Bad Poetry" century mark ...

Dancing Boots

years of walking
years of strolling
years of TLC
and then holes in the heel
in a matter of weeks
just from two stepping and cha-cha-ing
there's something beautiful about that

A Chardonnay Actually

I've read a book about
green eggs and ham
but have you every heard about
white wine and SPAM?

The Uniform

Boys or Girls
Black tee
Blue jeans
Boots
Perhaps a hat ... or not
Masculine or Feminine
It's all the same

No comments:

Post a Comment