Monday, October 06, 2008

I am so sick of prequels ...

I hate to be a hater ...

... and I hate to be one of those internets guys that just bashes everything because he has a forum ...

But ...

As I look to the next Summer Blockbuster Season I see some movies listed that I want to see and am apprehensive of at the same time ...

For instance ... Wolverine and Star Trek ...

Both movies look to be fun and exciting peaks back at the history of characters I enjoy and should be kind of fun ... But ...

Flashbacks can functionally accomplish the same thing with a story moving forward. An entire movie - or trilogy of prequels - eventually runs into an utter lack of drama. In the end we already have been to where they are heading so there really isn't any sense of peril.

No comments:

Post a Comment