Monday, October 06, 2008

Reunions?

Why I go.

I graduated from Mountlake Terrace High School in June 1985. I was done. Finished. There was NOTHING that I wanted more than to be done with it. Yes, I had friends and would keep in touch with them, but that was different.

It wasn't the people. I just hated high school. At least, that is what I told myself. I look through old photos and annuals and realize that I in fact had a great time.

So, when the APES started having reunions I went. The ten year came along and I went. The twenty year reunion was a blast. We started having annual bar nights and I scheduled stuff around the dates. This year I helped Jacko with getting the place and the date.

Tommy sent off a message to everyone who didn't go. It really is cool to take a few hours every year and just see people that once upon a time were your peers and daily circle of friends. Old grudges or whatever don't matter. Seeing that everyone is okay and talking about our kids ... it's a good thing.

Next year ... I'll be there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment