Sunday, October 19, 2008

Maybe I shouldn't ...

Friday night I took the opportunity to watch my high school alma mater play a varsity football game. It had been a few years since I had attended one, even though every fall I really, really mean too. The Hawks are 3-3 ... a lot more wins than traditionally occur ... so I thought I should support them.

First couple plays led to a first down and it looked promising ... in the end, not such a great result. Still ... I am glad I went.

It is still a bit amazing to me how many guys in the stands don't get it. There was a guy sitting near me that kept yelling "throw it!" over and over all game ... even when the quarterback couldn't possibly have thrown it to anyone since the few receivers running patterns were always in multiple coverage and there were extra guys back just trying to keep him safe.

Anyways ...

And however ... my too alma maters went 0-2 this weekend losing by a combined score of 92-0 ... ouch. Keep your chins up guys ... I am still wearing my Cougar Football hoody today ...

Go Hawks!
Go Cougs!

No comments:

Post a Comment