Sunday, June 28, 2009

A cold and windy Aquasox win






Everett Aquasox 6
Spokane Indians 3
June 27, 2009
Everett Memorial Stadium

It was bobblehead night, so I decided to go early and get one. In line, I lathered up on the sun block that basically became moot by game time with the cold and steady wind that came in.

The nice part of the GA tix is that you can sit in a section along either base line or out in the right field hillside on the grass. I started on the grass, made the huge mistake of moving to go enter a contest and missed a highlight, and then used both sections before staying the bulk of the game down the right field line near the two blond girls that had the Spokane bullpen thoroughly distracted the entire game. I entered the contest drawings, but there was no way I would have done the other contest; no prize was worth the indignity of their dance contest.

Back in the day I have had the opportunity to be in a few contests. At a Cougar baseball game in the 90s I got to try and throw a ball through a hole which is why I refer to the consolation tee shirt as my five thousand dollar tee shirt. I took an awful kick during a USL era Sounders game at Memorial Stadium. And, I once got booed for winning a contest at a Spokane Shadow game in the 90s when I won a race on a bouncy ball against a kid.

While listening to the game it was cool to hear Bob Rob join in and call an inning. Yes, I too held my hand over my heart when they played you the Cougar Fight Song ...

The game itself was actually pretty god, with strong starting pitching, lead changes and a big inning by the Aquasox after giving up the lead.

All for 7 bucks ...