Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Dasher


Animals let us know.

Last night around 945 Dasher started whining. She could not push herself up.

I helped her up and she drank a bunch of water, but refused to eat. She hasn't really eaten much for a couple days.

I wrapped her in a blanket and brought her to the couch. She kept whining for a few minutes and then set her head on my chest and slept. She looked very peaceful.

I could not sleep and felt like I should not move. I laid there on my back wide awake til about 230 and moved her to a blanket on the floor. At this point I got on the floor with her.

I maybe got a couple hours sleep. After scrambling to get ready I took her back to her spot in the kitchen and she drank for me, but again refused food and this time also the meat I sneak her medicine in. I had to go to work.

When I got home from work she had not moved and refused water.

I made the call and stayed with her.

Last night Dasher felt all the love as she rested on my chest. I felt the love back from her.

Dasher was a rescue from back when I was in Pullman in 1995. She was 1-2 years old when I got her. From the start we bonded. Through a broken back and all sorts of bad behavior we stayed together.

I got close to 15 good years with her.

She is missed already.