Thursday, June 04, 2009

glamourpuss #7





glamourpuss #7 feels like a watershed issue. In this issue we get a good super heroine parody story, some fashion industry ad parodies, and still have a continuation of the "Comic Art Scholarship" that makes up the bulk of the material in the series to this point.

This issue is more of what I have been expecting based upon the way the series was introduced. Bear in mind that I have found the first six issues to be interesting and worthwhile and would continue getting issues, but that it was lacking the part that this one provides. Knowing that we will sometimes get issues like this is important to me keeping my interest level up. I think the single page character introductions were very clever.

On a side note, I received a package from Dave that included some original art and a note that had me looking forward to meeting Ms. A and the other new characters. Thanks again Dave.