Friday, June 05, 2009

There is a little battle raging near my apartment

It seems that two coffee stands are having a bit of a war near my apartment. For the past few months I have noticed that the bikini barista stand and the stand across the major road have had an interesting relationship.

There is a brunette in the bikini stand that wears a black bikini and is very tan that makes certain that she is visible from the road. (For the record, I am cheap and not a prude so I do not patronize either stand.) Across from the brunette is a stand that advertises that it is "Family Friendly", which I take it means that the baristas are not scantily clad but seriously covered up or something.

I am not going to be mean here and say the baristas at the "Family Friendly" place are unattractive or whatever, as I have no first hand knowledge ... but it is kind of funny that they advertise an implication that shopping there is somehow a better idea because they don't have smoking hot tan brunettes in bikinis ...

Still ... there are always more cars in line at the bikini stand. The ratio always seems to be three or four to one in favor of the bikini girls.

Again, I don't buy my coffee from either, but it has been kind of fun to watch and note how each business is doing.