Thursday, June 21, 2007

After the credits roll ...

After the credits roll ...

"Raise your hands if you have seen Pirates 3?" I asked the 6th graders today.

Many hands raised, and they were suddenly interested in what I had to say.

"Keep them raised if you stayed until after the credits to see the actual end of the movie?"

Many hands dropped. Many faces seemed stunned by this revelation. A few hands stayed up and the faces looked smug.

See ... a lot of movies now are rewarding those that stay for the credits with another scene or something special.

For instance, last summer at the end of the credits of X-Men 3 there is a scene where (spoiler censor) ....

Or, at the end of Clerks 2 when Kevin Smith ran something like 10,000 names of his Myspace "friends" ...

It is actually kind of cool and fun when they do that. Ringo and I stayed through the credits of Shrek 3 recently just in case. The kids and I stayed through the credits of FF2 just in case. Neither of them had a scene, but it was still kind of fun to stay to just find out.

But, after Pirates 3? A nearly 3 hour bladder buster of a movie with an extra scene at the end is kind of mean. It was almost like after a LOTR film where people were rushing for the restrooms. I know I took and aisle seat at LOTR for that reason.

So, if you did not stay through the credits of Pirates 3 I won't spoil what I also had to go look up by using Google. Go on, look it up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment