Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Thanks a latte ...

Thanks a latte ...

The police have the time to investigate espresso stands to make certain that the girls are not breaking the law with how they are dressed?

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=coffeegirls22e&date=20070122&query=espresso+girls

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/saturdayspin/302267_sorbo03.html

How do I get that job?

This fall I wrote in my journal about this. Some of my thoughts were kind of mean actually. I will post some excerpts here.

There was a song several years ago about espresso girls. I cannot find it online for the life of me, which is weird.

There is a place near my apartment that deliberately plays up the fact that all of the girls that work there are hotter than your coffee, it is called Latte Babes ...

Well, recently, I was working in Bellevue and commuting in from Kenmore. I would drop Dasher off at puppy day care. Parking is expensive so I just would go ahead and go to the park and ride. Well, there is an espresso stand there that is well known for having exceptionally hot girls working at it. It was very clear that these girls would dress skimpy and practically pose while making the coffee to give the guys a long and lingering look, and I cannot imagine that their tips would suffer for it.

They were hot and would behave in such a detached way about it that it was hard to determine if they were jaded or resigned to it. They would not even bother to glare and make you look away, they were almost aloof about the fact that you are supposed to stare at them. Clearly, they worked very hard to look that casual about it.

I remember thinking a very mean thought about how for some of these girls the making of coffee would be the hardest that they would ever have to work physically at a job. They won't have to. I know why I thought it, but it does not change the fact that it is mean.

A few years ago KZOK did a local barista calendar. I bought one for my brother.

I remember a recent discussion with some friends over the Kenmore coffee stand. The consensus? Hot girls equal good sales of coffee.

And what guy doesn't like it when a pretty girl asks, "Would you like whipped cream on that?"

Qwest Field at first was to be a Natte Latte stand, but it fell through ...
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/82145_coffee10.shtml

As for my local Latte Babes? Yes I have a punch card ...

(Links may go inactive at any time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment