Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time, Place, and Audience ...

Time, Place, and Audience ...

I hear kids talking while subbing (if there is one thing I would like to teach kids other than understanding that learning to dance is good, it is knowing when not to express an opinion) ... I hear parents talking around other parents (makes me wonder how long I can coach, I have been lucky with my current group) ... I hear people on the bus (it is like they want people to know about all the stupid things they do) ...

I am in favor of direct, but geez .... whatever happened to tact?

Whatever happened to an understanding of Time, Place, and Audience?

People don't have to be on edge, but being aware of when it is, where you are, and who is listening seems to have fallen out of favor.

I am withdrawn in public, because it is not where I want to hold certain conversations. I listen to people talk about others - including other kids at kid sporting events - right in front of them.

There are times I want to ask people, "Does your brain hear things you've said after you've said them?"

This post is mostly just a rant of a cranky sounding guy, but there was a catalyst for this ... but I don't want to call the person out in public, the audience here could be anyone ...