Friday, February 09, 2007

Other sports ... (Ephemera Project)


Other sports ... (Ephemera Project)

I have not been to as cool a sporting event in my life as when the bro and I went to the Women's Luge Finals in Utah during the 2002 Winter Olympics. It was an amzing and beautiful day. We walked the Gold Medal Mile (which was basically a gimick to get people to walk up the mountain to minimize the traffic - you got a pin for doing it) and found our spot. Our mother even called us and found us on Canadian television (always better coverage than US stations) during the live coverage. I have never been so cold in my life as when the sun went down. I could not have taken any night time photos since they put blue masking tape over every flash bulb to keep disposable cameras from causing the death of a luger.

I have been to rodeos, bull riding, and other events like the following :

12.29.84 Truck Drag and Tractor Pull SCC
3.15.86 USHRA Motorsports in the KD
8.8.86 Golden Gloves Boxing Mercer
2.27.04 UW v UCLA Gymnastics, Hec Ed, + one other incl SPU, UA (+ WSU Gymnastic 86-87)

College Volleyball - WSU en mass, UI vs LBSt 11.7.96 Memorial Gym

Senior PGA Tour event - GTE Classic 1990

8.22.96 Emerald Downs, but no Longacres, off track when in Reno

1.9.04 Vancouver Ravens vs Calgary Roughnecks, L 8-10 GM Place w/Ringo - early lead then comeback, another of the coller sporting events I have ever attended ...

No comments:

Post a Comment