Sunday, February 25, 2007

I will be getting a Rose Tattoo ...

I will be getting a Rose Tattoo ...

... but not until my mother passes ...

Last night while walking with old friends heading to the Buttrock Suites show (which is a spectacle like no other, I am NOT making that up) the conversation turned to tattoos. I do not have any tattoos. But, when I was much younger did promise my mother that I would never get one, at least not as long as she lives.

Well, she's still alive and I want to get a Rose Tattoo for my daughter (and something regarding my son) but feel duty bound to honor that promise.

My friends don't believe that I should be under any obligation to honor a promise made when I was that age. They at least said I could get one that she would never see, (I am not getting a hidden tattoo for my daughter, that would be kind of creepy) and well, I was not old enought to actually contract. However, I will honor it.

No comments:

Post a Comment