Thursday, February 08, 2007

Innuendo (?!?)


Innuendo (?!?)


Back in the 80s, before Hurricane Studios and before Keeper Studios, I worked some of my creative endeavors under the heading of Innuendo (?!?).

During this time I produced a couple of small “chapbooks” of short stories and poetry with print runs of 200 and a price of $2.00 per book. Much to my surprise I actually recouped a lot of the costs associated with these projects and got a lot of positive feedback.

Gary and I were also trying to record an EP of four songs under the band name of Rhetoric with the EP tentatively to be titled “Pride and Anxiety”. The album was to consist of four covers; Steve Martin’s “King Tut”, David Bowie’s “Rock and Roll Suicide”, The Police’s “Invisible Sun”, and … I will have to look up the other one. The best intentions and lack of time before basic training meant that this project was one that was never finished.

Looking back, I cringe like all writers do at the work I did, but so be it. In order to get progression creatively in any of the arts that is just a part of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment