Friday, February 09, 2007

The Book of Lists (Ephemera Project)

The Book of Lists (Ephemera Project)

Back when I was in elementary and junior high I had this huge book of lists. I would keep track of all of the records I had. I would keep track of the states I had visited. I had detailed lists of all of the games my teams played from season to season with the game scores and my personal stats. I used to catch and lot of crap from some of my friends for that book, but I still in many ways continue that habit. And, truth to be told, it was a huge binder. The Ephemera Project is a logical extention of those old lists, even though the old lists themselves have long since been lost.

What I would not give for the youth sports results lists I had from elementary school ...

An example of the types of things I would list is plane rides. I actually came up with this from memory back in 02 on the way to Salt Lake for the Winter Olympics with my brother. I thought it was funny to point out to him that it would be my 25th flight on that trip, which was the same number of flights the Space Shuttle Program had when it exploded the first time. He did not find it funny. He didn't find it funny when I pretended to panic in 97 when going over the bridge in Portland when I told him and Tim that I was afraid of bridges and heights either. Sometimes I just have to be a little brother.

30 Plane Rides

1-2 Seattle to SF round trip (5-85)
3 LA to Seattle one way (6/87)
4-5 Seattle to Reno round trip (11-89)
6-9 Seattle to Frankfurt with stops in London round trip (6-90)
10-11 Seattle to Reno round trip (8-93)
12-13 Seattle to LA round trip (6-94)
14-15 Spokane to Seattle round trip (12-95)
16-17 Seattle to Dallas round trip (8-96)
18-19 Seattle to Pullman round trip (10-96)
20-21 Seattleto Dallas round trip (8-99)
22-23 Seattle to LA round trip (4-01)
24-25 Seattle to Salt Lake City round trip (2-02)
26-29 Seattle to New York City with stops in Cincinnati and Minneapolis round trip (6-04)
30 Seattle Seaplane Tour (3-25-05)

No comments:

Post a Comment