Thursday, May 01, 2008

How I Ended Up Having Eggo's and a Pot Pie For Dinner ...

Snow on the 18th of April

I sat on the little fold out love seat on my back porch and watched the snow fall. It was pretty. It was getting close to four inches after snowing all afternoon. My driveway was treacherous enough that I was not even considering going out on a Friday night ... and it was the 18th of April in Seattle ...

The radio was on in the dining room so I closed the screen and listened to sports radio while the snow continued to fall with really big flakes. The cat was not pleased; he whined at the screen to be let out, like that might actually be allowed to happen ...

However, I had decided that morning to come home, clean up, get in a jog, do some laundry, and head out dancing at McCabe's since I had not been there since the week of Thanksgiving ...

There was a video from the library near the TV and I could always watch pro wrestling, so the night would not be a complete waste ...

I was hungry and payday was a while away ... the cupboard was not bare, per se, but it was hardly inspiring ...

And so I had one of those "bachelor moments" and raided the freezer ... and had a chicken pot pie and Eggo's for dinner ... while watching it continue to snow on my back porch ...

No comments:

Post a Comment